Wednesday, 19 June 2013
The electric AGA Dual Control is 100% AGA but with up to 50% of the energy costs and servicing costs
The new electric AGA Dual Control is everything you love about the AGA cooker, but with running costs and servicing costs reduced by up to 50%.
The AGA Dual Control looks much like a traditional AGA cooker and – just like the traditional model, the cast-iron ovens are always available for use, creating that indefinable AGA warmth.
However, with an AGA Dual Control the ovens feature a new low energy setting and can also be switched off completely. What’s more, the two hotplates can be turned on and off independently, meaning you can make a welcome reduction in the overall heat input into the room from the cooker when desired and, in turn, reduce running costs. The boiling plate and simmering plate can be operated at the turn of a switch via the discrete control panel and so are on when you need them and off when you don’t.
Not only does the AGA Dual Control cook using the same principles as a traditional AGA – using indirect radiant heat – but it can also cost up to 50% less to run than 13-amp non-AIMS enabled models.
Available in 12 stunning colours – including the new Aqua – the AGA
Dual Control is perfect for those who love good food, a stylish, cosy kitchen and the benefits of reduced running and servicing costs.
Key features and benefits
· Independently operated hotplates – both the simmering plate and the boiling plate can be operated singly or together
· The ovens, which operate together, can be switched off completely when required
· The low energy setting is a new feature on the ovens – they can be turned down to further reduce energy consumption and running costs*
· Reduced ambient warmth provided a low energy setting
· Faster heat-up times from when the ovens have been at their low energy setting
· 3-oven and 5-oven models available
* Low energy setting does not apply to the slow cooking and warming ovens on the 5-oven model.
The AGA Dual Control is available at Country Warmth - retail price: £9,095 (3 oven) and £10,895 (5 oven).